Friday 17 February 2017

Pedro is 'very happy' at Chelsea after adjusting to Premier League life under manager Antonio Conte

PEDRO

Chelsea forward Pedro confirmed he is now 'very happy' at Stamford Bridge after adapting to life under new manager Antonio Conte.

Pedro hinted at his desire to stay at the club after his poor form last year coincided with a forgetful season for the Blues as they stumbled to a mid-table finish.

The Spain international held transfer talks with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu last summer, but the move back to his former club fell through.

But Antonio Conte's revived Chelsea outfit have romped to the top of the league and the Spanish winger revealed he is in a good place.

'This is the best moment for me at this club and also the best moment for the whole team since I've been here,' he told the Chelsea club magazine.

'I'm very happy here. It's a good situation when you are top of the League and progressing in the FA Cup. We are on the right path.

'Last year was a difficult one for me, for the club, for the team, but this year is different.

'With this coach, all the team is focused on the fight for the title, with more confidence for every game and this is good. It's a completely different season.

'Every day I'm more comfortable with the team, with my team-mates, with the club and I have a good relationship with the supporters. All is good for me here and I'm very happy with the situation.'

The Spanish flier joined from Barcelona with a glowing reputation. After scoring and assisting in his debut for the Blues against West Brom in August 2015, the £21million Spain international looked a shrewd signing.

But his turbulent form saw him dip in and out of the side at Stamford Bridge as he failed to showcase his talents consistently.

Now under Conte's stewardship, Pedro and the whole Chelsea team have hit their straps to race away from their title challengers.

PEDRO'S HONOURS 

La Liga: 5

Supercopa de Espana: 4

Copa del Rey: 3 

UEFA Champions League: 3 

UEFA Super Cup: 3

FIFA Club World Cup: 2

FIFA World Cup: 1

UEFA European Championship: 1 

'I understand the Premier League more now,' he added.

'It's very different compared to Spain, but now I'm in my second year here I understand the football. It's quicker, more intense and more competitive.

'For me it's different now I have adapted. I have to run a lot, play harder and I'm very quick, which helps me in the games here in England.

'There are more crosses into the box and everything happens very quickly, which is good for the players and the spectators.

'Spain is different. It's more tactical. It's more about passing the ball and developing something.

'Here it's quicker when you attack and everything is different. You have to change mentally and it's difficult to adapt at first, but I have changed, I have done that now.


'It's a good moment for me. I feel really good on the pitch. I'm scoring goals and I'm connecting well with my team-mates.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are Not In Possession of FIFA Forensic Reports - Normalization Committee

The Normalisation Committee of the Ghana FA denied claims that they are in possession of the FIFA forensic reports that has cleared form...