Monday 16 January 2017

Conte: Passionate partnership

CONTE

Antonio Conte has hailed the special relationship he shares with the Chelsea supporters and has called upon everyone at the club to continue working together.

The Blues boss was serenaded by the fans during our 3-0 win over Leicester City on Saturday and his celebrations after the full-time whistle highlighted the bond between them.

'The fans with me are always special, from the first day,' said the manager. 'I remember for my first game they prepared a flag, an Italian flag.

'It is fantastic to have this kind of relationship with great passion. I think I show this in every game and I think they are appreciating this.

'I hope to continue this way because it's important to always stay together – with the team, the players, the fan, the club, me, my staff. It's important to continue to work together.'

As important a victory as it was at the weekend to maintain our lead at the top of the table, the manner in which we achieved it also pleased Conte.

'It was a good performance, a good reaction, because when you win 13 games in a row and then comes the moment of defeat, to restart is not easy. I know and understand this from when I was a footballer.

'The psychological aspect is very important, but we started well in the FA Cup and again in the league. To win against a very tough team, with really good players and a great manager, is not easy. I'm very pleased.'

N'Golo Kante was a key player in our victory at a ground where he rose to prominence during the previous campaign, and he was joined on the pitch late on by Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Michy Batshuayi,

'I think N'Golo is for sure a really good player,' Conte said. 'He arrived at Chelsea and is playing very well.

'Don't forget, it's not easy when you change team. When you arrive in a great team where expectation is very high, sometimes the player can suffer the pressure and doesn't perform in the right way.

N'Golo showed great personality and great quality. I'm pleased to have him in my squad.

'I trust all my players. Ruben is a player with great quality. Now I think after Oscar left he could have the right space to show me and the club his potential.

'And also for Michy it's important to work this way, to show me they deserve to play. I have zero problem to play with young players.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are Not In Possession of FIFA Forensic Reports - Normalization Committee

The Normalisation Committee of the Ghana FA denied claims that they are in possession of the FIFA forensic reports that has cleared form...