Thursday 26 January 2017

Everton bring in Wolfsburg starlet Anton Donkor on loan to play for U23s

DONKOR

Everton have brought in Germany Under-20 international Anton Donkor on loan from Wolfsburg to play for their Under-23 side.

Donkor has agreed a switch until the end of the season and will now link up with David Unsworth's academy stars.

The 19-year-old, a left-footed forward who can play in a number of attacking positions, has come through the ranks at the Volkswagen Arena. 

Donkor expressed his excitement at the opportunity of working with the Blues' young talent and experiencing the challenge of English football.

'I'm very happy and grateful to be here,' he said. 'I know this is a great club and I like the way they play. I'm looking forward to challenging myself in English football.

'Finch Farm is an impressive place. The facilities are great and I'm looking forward to getting started here.

'I think I can learn from the good young players that are already here and hopefully we can be successful together.'

Yet to make a senior appearance for Wolsburg, Donkor's international experience extends to three caps for Germany's Under 20s.


It was reported that Championship side Aston Villa were also interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are Not In Possession of FIFA Forensic Reports - Normalization Committee

The Normalisation Committee of the Ghana FA denied claims that they are in possession of the FIFA forensic reports that has cleared form...