Friday 18 November 2016

Eden Hazard: I won't leave Chelsea until we win the Premier League again

EDEN HAZARD

Eden Hazard insists he will not leave Chelsea until they have won the Premier League again.

The 25-year-old Belgian endured a tough season last year, scoring just six goals as Chelsea finished 10th in the Premier League.

But Hazard is much improved this season under new boss Antonio Conte and is playing without the hindrance of injury.

Hazard told The Guardian: 'I’m playing without pain. Last year was complicated. Some people didn’t believe it, but I played with an injury [referring to his hip] for a long time.

'I was never 100 per cent, and when you’re not completely fit it’s hard to play at your best.

'But I had a good break after the Euros, a good pre-season, and was ready. Liberated, yes. It feels like that sometimes, being injury-free and if a system brings the best out of you.

'Back in March I’d spoken [to Conte] about the difficult season I’d had up to then, and what he expected of me in the year to come.

'I’d not scored many goals, but he saw me as a goalscorer. He spoke to me about his preferred systems, the 3-4-3 or even with two up front. His passion and enthusiasm for the job were obvious.

'I made clear I had no intention of leaving after such a poor year. I didn’t want to go out like that. If I ever leave, it’ll be after winning a championship. You need to go out on a high so that people remember you for the right reasons.'

Hazard, meanwhile, was rewarded by scooping the Premier League player of the month award for October.

HAZARD IN OCTOBER 

Appearances: 

Goals: 

Assists: 

Chances created (inc. assists): 

Dribbles attempted: 23 

Dribbles completed: 17

Premier League stats only 

Hazard was in exceptional form last month and netted three goals for the Stamford Bridge outfit.

He grabbed a goal in the victories over Leicester, Manchester United and Southampton and has followed up that goalscoring form by netting a brace in the 5-0 win over Everton earlier this month.

Hazard told Chelseafc.com: 'It means a lot. We played a very good month. I scored a lot of goals and all the team played well.


'We scored a lot of goals and we didn't concede a goal. I'm the best player this month but the most important thing is at the end to win the league and to do that we have a lot of things to do from now until then.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are Not In Possession of FIFA Forensic Reports - Normalization Committee

The Normalisation Committee of the Ghana FA denied claims that they are in possession of the FIFA forensic reports that has cleared form...