Tuesday 15 November 2016

Thorgan Hazard: I expected to leave Chelsea on my arrival

THORGAN HAZARD

Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Thorgan Hazard has revealed he never expected to stay at Chelsea when he joined the club in 2012.

Hazard arrived at Stamford Bridge from Lens along with his brother, Eden, who Chelsea signed from Lille for £32m.

While his older sibling has gone on to enjoy great success at Chelsea, Hazard failed to make a single appearance for the Blues and spent two seasons on loan at Belgian side Zulte Waregem.

Over 2.5 goals, 8+ match corners and Henderson to be carded
Vardy to score, BTTS, 4+ corners in each half and 20+ match booking pts
Lallana to score, England to win and each team 4+ corners
BTTS, over 3.5 goals and 5+ corners in each half
Over 2.5 goals and each team 5+ corners
BTTS, each team 4+ corners and 20+ match booking pts
His performances at Zulte earned him a loan switch to Gladbach in 2014, with the Bundesliga club making the deal permanent a year later. 

"I knew I would not stay at Chelsea when I signed for them," Hazard told Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad.


"It was a great opportunity to join such a big club, but I knew I needed regular playing time to show what I could do.

"Chelsea like to buy young players and then slowly get them ready. All the young players like Kevin De Bruyne, Charly Musonda and Romelu Lukaku were shipped out on loan. You need regular playing time at that age.

"Maybe Chelsea now regret their decision not to give De Bruyne and Lukaku more chances, I don't know."

However, Hazard has refuted suggestions that Chelsea only brokered a deal to sign him in order to please Eden, insisting it was his potential that caught their eye.

"Of course, it helped that Chelsea also signed Eden, but it is not like they just sign every player's brother," he added.

"[Frank] Lampard and [John] Terry's brothers never played for Chelsea.


"They signed me because I showed potential. They had to pay Lens a transfer fee to get me.


"And they were right. I might not be following the same path as Eden, but I am improving step by step."

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Are Not In Possession of FIFA Forensic Reports - Normalization Committee

The Normalisation Committee of the Ghana FA denied claims that they are in possession of the FIFA forensic reports that has cleared form...